- 4 each sliced brioche, each cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 each egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed
*Make sure your brioche is about 2 days old.
Stale bread helps make the French Toast less soggy
- Whisk together the vanilla bean, cream, sugar, yolks and all of the spices.
- Let you brioche sit in the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Remove brioche and shake off the excess.
- Set it into a pan with a bit of melted butter and cook until golden brown.
- Serve it immediately with the mascarpone, a bit of maple syrup and sprinkle the chia seeds on top.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.