- 2x Russet Potatoes. washed, peeled, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1x shallot, small dice
- 1x garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp mild oil
- 2 c veg broth, split
- 8 Tbsp butter, split
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 c grated parmesan plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
1) In a dutch oven heat oil and saute shallots.
2) Once translucent add garlic, being careful not to burn.
3) Add 4 T butter, 1/2 c broth and the potatoes.
4) Cook until very soft on low heat with lid on, stirring occasionally.
5) Once potatoes are almost cooked all the way through add the remaining butter, broth and the cauliflower.
6) Once all veg are very soft, add the cream and heat through while stirring. Once hot season with salt and pepper and add parm.
7) Take off the heat and let cool slightly with lid on.
8) With a masher or immersion blender blend mash until desired consistency.
9) Taste and adjust seasoning.
10) If you want a tasty cheesy crust place in a casserole dish, top with parm and heat in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page