Catherine McCord’s French Toast will blow all other French Toast recipes out of the water.
Challah French Toast
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 loaf challah bread, sliced into 1-inch-thick slices
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a deep dish or bowl whisk the first 6 ingredients until combined.
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for 10 second on each side.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt butter to coat the pan.
- Place the soaked challah bread in the sauté pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Continue cooking the remaining bread.
- Serve the challah with powdered sugar and maple syrup, as desired.