- 3 cups Creme (recipe below)
- 1 Prepared pound cake about 12 ounces, crusts trimmed
- 1/3 cup Amaretto
- 4 pears poached and sliced into wedges.
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves for decoration
- Toasted almonds (no skin) for garnish
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c confectioner’s sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t vanilla bean, scraped
1. In a medium bowl, 2 cups cream with the confectioner's sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl toss the berries with 2 tablespoons Marsala, stirring to bruise the berries slightly.
3. To assemble the trifle cut the cake into 1/2-inch thick slices to fit tightly into the bottom of a trifle bowl (or a 1 1/2-quart decorative glass bowl),
4. Drizzle or sprinkle the cake layer with Amaretto. Layer 1/3 of the pears and raspberries over the top of the cake, followed by 1/3 of the Creme. Repeat the process, layering the remaining ingredients.
Note: You would need to make a lot of this for a big trifle.
1. Beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer or by hand until slightly thickened. Add the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla and continue beating until thickened and smooth.