- ¾ cup un-salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons good quality vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small bag candy cane kisses
- Red and green decorating sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Use baking spray to keep the parchment flat on the pans if necessary.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add the eggs in, one at a time, waiting until the first is completely incorporated before adding the second. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
4. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, making sure to not over mix. It is helpful if you add the flour mixture in 3 batches, mixing only until just combined in between each addition.
5. Once combined, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red or green decorating sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just slightly brown, but still soft in the middle. Allow to cool slightly before pressing a candy cane kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool completely and enjoy.