Ingredients for Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup carrot shredded and squeezed dry in between paper towel
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Ingredients for Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Brown sugar simple syrup (brown sugar and water boiled together)
Ingredients for Candied Bacon
- 12 slices of bacon, ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. Finely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
Directions for Pancakes
1) In a large bowl add together all of the dry ingredients. The flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix together.
2) In a medium size bowl combine the wet ingredients. Whisk together the eggs, milk, water, vanilla extract, and carrots. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together. Put the pancake batter in the fridge for 30 minutes to set
3) Heat a large non-stick pan or griddle over a low setting. Grease the pan with a little bit of butter.
4) Take the pancake batter out of the fridge. Once the pan is warm use a 1/4 cup to pour the pancake batter into the pan one at a time. It doesn't have to be a full 1/4 cup just about that size. Then sprinkle a couple of raisins over the pancake batter in the pan
5) When you see holes/bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake that means its ready to flip. You want to make sure the pancakes are golden brown on each side.
Directions for Icing
1) Whisk the cream cheese in a small bowl until it is uniformly soft and pliable, with no lumps. If your cream cheese is not soft enough yet to do this, try putting it in the microwave for just a few seconds at a time.
2) Whisk in the brown sugar simple syrup, milk, and confectioners’ sugar. Add more milk if you want to thin out the mixture, add more confectioners’ sugar if you feel it needs to be smoother.
3) Drizzle over the finished pancakes
Directions for Candied Bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you have a cookie cooling rack place that on top of the parchment paper and baking sheet as well.
3. In a bowl toss together the black pepper and brown sugar.
4. Put slices of bacon in the bowl and coat each piece with the brown sugar mixture. Then lay it flat on top of the parchment or cookie rack.
5. Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. If it is not golden brown and fairly crispy, resist the temptation to turn up the oven temperature, and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Check it again. Keep in mind that when you remove the tray and transfer the bacon to a serving platter or individual plates, the bacon will "crisp" up a little more.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page