1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan until just melted.
2. Add salt. Add pecans on a medium high heat, and keep the pecans moving, being careful not to burn.
3. Swirl pecans in butter until the butter has browned and pecans are toasted, the aroma will let you know when they're done.
4. Remove from heat, add in chopped sage. Reserve pecans for later use.
5. Take brown butter and add to rolled oats, additional butter, honey, molasses, canola oil, salt, black pepper and sage leaves in a large mixing bowl.
6. Combine in stand mixer with paddle attachment until well combined.
7. Spread mixture on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, toss ingredients halfway through.
8. Once done, combine with pecans and save for topping.
9. In a foil packet, arrange yams.
10. Top with butter, sugar, 1 tsp of the salt.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour then let rest with the lid on (or closed foil) for minimum 1 hour (longer is better).
12. After the waiting period, peel yams with your hands (the skins should come right off).
13. Make a slit down the middle. Put into a bowl and mix with a rubber spatula, add a bit of fleur de sel, black pepper, and brown butter leftover from cooking the yams if desired.
14. Spread into a casserole dish and heat in oven until warmed through.
15. Then top with brown butter pecan and sage granola.