Elizabeth Mitchell and Cameron Mathison recreate this snack from their movie “The Christmas Club.”
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups raw pecans
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Yield: 1 ½ cups pecans
- Add water and sugar to heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook briefly until all sugar crystals have dissolved.
- Add nuts, cinnamon, and vanilla, then stir constantly. After roughly 2 minutes, the water will have evaporated and the sugar can begin to crystallize. Continue to stir past this point and allow the crystallized sugar to caramelize on the nuts until light brown, roughly 2 more minutes.
- Pour nuts out onto plate and allow to cool. Break apart and serve.
Recipe by Dan Kohler,11/20/19