Candace Cameron Bure shares her favorite summer salad recipe featuring zucchini.
- 2-4 cups of Spiralized Zucchini
- 6-8 pieces asparagus, diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sundried tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ cup peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- *Optional: Sriracha or Marinara Sauce
Zesty Zoodle Salad - Home & Family
- Spiralize zucchini into thin noodles. You can do this yourself with a spiralizer or buy pre-made.
- Pat dry zoodles.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil.
- Add Zoodles and salt & pepper to taste. Cook until firm to the bite. About 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate pan sauté chopped asparagus, sundried tomato, peas, and shredded carrots in 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil for 4-5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add squeezed lemon, salt, ground pepper and garlic powder to skillet and toss.
- Once tender, about 5-6 minutes, set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss sautéed veggies with zoodles.
- Top with chopped green onion. Salt and pepper to taste.
*Optional: Top with Sriracha or marinara sauce