- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each ) Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® White Calcium Enriched Sliced Sandwich Bread
- 8 slices processed American cheese food product
Heat the soup and water in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.
Spread the butter on the bread slices.
Place 4 bread slices, butter-side down, into a 12-inch skillet. Top with the cheese slices and remaining bread slices, butter-side up. Cook over medium heat until the sandwiches are lightly browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh fruit salad (strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple). For dessert serve store-bought mini-brownies.