- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Swanson® 50% Less Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked egg noodles (from about 8 ounces dry)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Thoroughly mix the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Shape the turkey mixture firmly into about 20 meatballs.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until well browned on all sides (make sure the skillet and oil are hot before adding the meatballs to prevent sticking). Pour off any fat.
Add the broth to the skillet and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the soup and sour cream. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve the meatballs and sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle with the parsley.