The dish everyone is expecting on the holidays, but it is so easy to make, you can serve it any day!
Green Bean Casserole
It is the dish everyone is expecting on the holidays, but it is so easy to make, you can serve it any day. Created by Campbell test kitchen manager Dorcas Reilly in 1955, its creamy, smooth sauce and unmatchable flavor combined with its simplicity makes green bean casserole so appealing. Just six ingredients and 10 minutes to put together, this family-pleasing side has been a favorite for over 60 years.
Campbell's Green Bean Casserole - Home & Family
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For the cooked green beans: Use 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans, drained, about 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans or 16 to 20 ounces frozen green beans, thawed, for this recipe.
- For Golden Green Bean Casserole: Substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
- For Broccoli Casserole: Substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli florets for the green beans.
- For Cheese Lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with the soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
- To add a festive touch: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
- To add crunch: Add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
- For bacon lovers: Add 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
- Chef Tip: Try this Italian version with pancetta and rosemary! Cook 4 ounces pancetta, diced, in a skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Add 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves to the skillet and cook until onion is tender. Add the pancetta mixture to the soup mixture in Step 1. In Step 2, sprinkle the remaining French fried onions with 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano cheese, then bake as directed in Step 3.
Hallmark Channel Homemade - Campbell’s Classic Green Bean Casserole