- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the soup, water, paprika and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice and broccoli. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with additional paprika. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste.
- Recipe Note: For a creamier dish, decrease the rice to 1 1/2 cups.
- Easy Substitution: This recipe is also delicious using Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup instead of the Cream of Chicken.
Ingredient Note: Campbell’s develop recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you're using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.