- Walnuts, chopped (1/2 cup)
- Heads of butter lettuce, rinsed and spun dry (2)
- Kosher salt
- Shallot vinaigrette (1/3 cup)
- Feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Pomegranate seeds to sprinkle on top of the salad (if pomegranates are not in season, use cranberries or cherries)
- Finely chopped Italian parsley (2 Tb.)
1) Toast the walnuts by placing them in a small dry frying pan. Turn heat to medium, and toss and shake the nuts back and forth until they have browned and released oils (4-5 minutes). Do not burn walnuts. Place in small bowl, set aside
2) Place butter in small salad bowl
3) Sprinkle salt over lettuce. Pour 5 tablespoons of dressing over lettuce, gently toss.
4) Evenly distribute lettuce. Garnish with feta, pomegranate seeds, parsley, walnuts.
5) Serve with bread
Get more from Cristina at CristinaFerrareCooks.com
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page