1) Place oil in a large cooking pot on a medium heat
2) Add the onion Puree
3) Add the ginger/garlic and serrano chili purees.
4) Add the ground chili, turmeric, paprika, sugar and salt. Add the tomato
5) Add the pork shoulder cubes.
6) Add the water and the lemongrass stalk
7) The dish then simmers until the pork is tender and the “gravy” is almost dry (approximately 40 minutes)
8) Before serving, I combine the tamarind, soy sauce and fish sauce and stir that into the dish.
9) Garnish with the cilantro leaf and fried shallots
10) Serve over steamed white rice
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page