- 1.5 lbs ground chicken or turkey (dark meat best)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2/3 crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil for pan
- 5 Tbsp butter alternative (I cant believe its not butter, earth balance)
- Yogurt Ranch or Blue Cheese, carrot and celery sticks
*preheat oven to 400 degrees
1)In a large bowl mix first 10 ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
2) Using your clean hands or a scoop, form mix into golf ball sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3) Heat a saute pan with vegetable oil and sear meatballs in batches, not over crowding pan until nicely browned on all sides.
4) Finish cooking meatballs in the oven until cooked all the way through and no longer pink in the middle, 5-7 minutes more.
5) In a small sauce pan heat butter and hot sauce and whisk until combined.
6) Once meatballs are finished cooking, pour on sauce. Serve with choice of dips and crudite.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page