Ingredients for Crepe Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 TB melted butter, plus more for brushing hot pan
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 cups Peanut Butter Creamy
- 1 pound Butter Unsalted
- 8oz Confection Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Nutella Filling
- 1 (12oz) Container Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Confection Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- ¾ cup Nutella
Ingredients for Assembling Crepes
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Whipped cream
Directions for Crepe Cake
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Let batter rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Pre-heat 9” non-stick pan on high heat, and brush with butter (the size of your crêpe pan should determine how big you want the cake to be – 9” crepe cake will serve about 10-14 slices).
4. Holding pan just off heat, add 2-3 TB batter and swirl to coat pan. Place back on heat and cook for about 90 seconds, until the bottom of the crêpe is golden and slides off the pan easily.
5. Flip and cook the other side for 5-10 seconds. Move crêpe to plate to cool and repeat until you’ve used all of the batter.
6. Store extra crepes between sheets of wax paper and freeze for up to 3-months in air tight container. Leftover crêpes can be used for a variety of savory dishes and desserts.
Directions for Peanut Butter Filling
1. Place in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment and begin slowly to mix until all in incorporated. About 2 min. Then mix on high for one min until light and fluffy.
Directions for Nutella Filling
1. Place in mixer with a paddle attachment on slow until all are incorporated. About 1 min. Then turn up the speed too high to make light and fluffy.
Directions for Assembling Crepes
1. Fill pastry bags with fillings, pipe in a circular motion on top of crepe, creating an even layer approximately ¼-1/2 inch in thickness, alternating flavors with each layer.
2. Build using 5-7 crepes, leaving the top layer.
3. Top with toasted crushed hazelnuts and chill to set before slicing. Garnish with whipped cream