Ingredients for Pork Chops
- 1 ½ pound of bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
Ingredients for Walnut Romesco Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole roasted red peppers, homemade or jarred
- 1 cup of crusty bread, diced
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of Pecorino cheese
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup of filtered water, more as needed to blend
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4-finger pinch of salt
- 4-finger pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season each side with 4-finger pinches of salt and ground black pepper. Let rest for 10–15 minutes at room temperature.
3. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the walnut romesco sauce and blend until desired consistency. Transfer to a small saucepan and cook on medium-low heat to warm up, stirring often.
4. In a large skillet, heat the butter and canola oil over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to smoke, gently place the pork chops in the skillet and brown each side for 3-4 minutes, until deep golden brown. Transfer the chops to a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 more minutes, until cooked through.
5. Serve the pork chops with the warm walnut romesco sauce and enjoy!