Ingredients for Brown Sugar Berry Cider
- 2 quarts Apple Cider (unfiltered is best, look for something cloudy and dark/opaque)
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 teaspoons Whole Cloves
- 2 Star Anise
- 12 ounces Mixed Berries (Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry are best)
- 3 Apples (your favorite variety), cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed (use to taste)
- Pinch Sea Salt
Ingredients for Chamomile Ginger Tea
- 4 cups Water
- 4 cups White Grape Juice
- 6-10 inches Fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- ¼ cup Dried Chamomile Flowers
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Honey, to taste (sometimes not necessary at all, if you like the sweetness level of white grape juice)
Directions for Brown Sugar Berry Cider
1. Add cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, berries, and sliced apples to saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then immediately lower and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
2. Strain the cider and sweeten with brown sugar and sea salt to taste. Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
3. Serve warm in mugs with additional apple slices and fresh berries as garnish.
Directions for Chamomile Ginger Tea
1. Add water and grape juice to slow cooker and turn heat on high. Once liquid is hot, add ginger and chamomile, cover the lid and cook for 2 hours on low.
2. When ready, strain out ginger and chamomile leaves, then season tea with fresh lemon juice and honey (both to taste, for each portion or the entire batch).