Bryan King shares two delectable recipes!
Ingredients for the Blueberry Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 pound fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup honey 3 cups 12 Bones Tomato “Q” Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Ingredients for the Corn Pudding:
- 1and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 6 large eggs
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can of creamed corn
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
Ingredients for Brown Sugar Rub
- 1 pound dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/2 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup granulated onion
- 1/2 cup fine-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 4 teaspoons whole dry basil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 4 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/2 cup iodized salt
- 8 teaspoons chili powder
Directions for preparing the Ribs:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Tear off a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil that is approximately 6 inches longer and 6 inches wider than your rack of ribs (basically large enough so you can fully envelop the ribs in a foil tent).
- Be sure to lay shiny side up otherwise heat will be directed outward away from ribs.
- Add pan spray to foil. Sprinkle smoked sea salt in a line down the middle of the foil.
- Pat dry top of rib so brown sugar rub will not run off and lay meat side up over top of the sea salt.
- Add approximately 1 cup (1 handful) of brown sugar rib rub to top of rib and pat down.
- Tent foil completely enclosing rib and lay on top of sheet pan.
- Cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Check to see if it's done by wiggling a bone. If it is still tight, then tent foil back and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once done, sprinkle approx 2 tablespoons of brown sugar rub on top of rib and cook on broil with foil open for approx 5 more minutes.
- Watch carefully so as to not scorch.
Directions for Brown Sugar Rub:
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Store what isn't used in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Directions for the Blueberry Chipotle Sauce:
- In a food processor or a blender, puree the berries and the chipotles
- Then transfer the berry mixture to a saucepan, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer this mixture over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and cool.
- The finished and cooled sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Directions for the Corn Pudding:
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
- Pour the eggs, butter, cream, and creamed corn into a large mixing bowl, and beat with an electric mixer or stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the poblanos and corn.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, and mix until just combined. The mixture should resemble cake batter.
- Grease a large 11 x 15-inch rimmed baking dish.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the pan, and place it in the oven.
- Lightly tent the pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour with the foil on, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the center is just set.
Brown Sugar Baby Rack Ribs - Home & Family
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.