Bridget Lancaster shows how to make a delicious one-pan steak dish for dinner.
1 ¼ Hours
- Sheet Pan
- 10 radishes, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon table salt, divided
- 2 ¼ teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 16 scallions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 (1-pound) boneless strip or rib-eye steaks, 1 ½ to 1 ¾ -inches thick, trimmed
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Toss radishes with lime juice and ¼-teaspoon salt in bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss potatoes with 1 ½ tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Place potatoes skin side down on half of rimmed baking sheet. Roast until potatoes begin to soften, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss scallions with remaining ½ tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in now-empty bowl. Combine sugar, coffee, chili powder, remaining 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Pat steaks dry with paper towels and rub with spice mixture.
- Lay scallions on top of potatoes. Place steaks on empty side of sheet. Roast until steaks register 120 to 125 degrees (for medium-rare) and potatoes are fully tender, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through roasting.
- Remove sheet from oven. Transfer steaks bottom side up to cutting board, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. Leave vegetables on sheet and tent with foil. Slice steaks 1/4-inch-thick and serve with vegetables, pickled radishes, and lime wedges.
Bowl of Sliced Radishes:
- Mix sliced radishes with lime juice and salt.
- Set aside
Roasted Potato Wedges:
- Put Scallions in a medium bowl. Toss with oil, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp. Pepper.
- Add to sweet potatoes
- Coffee grounds in a medium bowl. Mix in brown sugar, chili powder. Rub onto steaks and place onto baking sheet with potatoes. Put into oven
- Swap cooked sweet potatoes and steaks from the oven.