- 1 cup dried shrimp
- ¼ cup dende (palm oil) or olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 Spanish onions, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup cashews nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 3 cups thin coconut milk
- 1 (8 to 10-ounce) sea bass fillet
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Serving suggestion: cooked white rice
1. Soak the dried shrimp in warm water, for 10 minutes. Drain the shrimp, puree them in food processor or blender, and set aside.
2. Heat the ¼ cup of dende oil or olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté the onions, garlic, jalapeno, cashews, almonds, and pureed dried shrimp for 10 minutes. Add the fish stock and coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the sea bass and poach it in the sauce for about 12 minutes until the fish is flaky. Add the raw shrimp and cilantro cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon dende oil and serve over cooked white rice, optional.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page