A flavorful, affordable, and tasty meal.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 bone-in pork chops (half inch thick; about 3 ounces each)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley (finely minced)
BONE-IN GRILLED PORK CHOP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Begin by making the marinade. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar, cumin and red pepper flakes. Remove half to make sauce later.
- Place pork chops in a resealable plastic bag with the marinade. Place the plastic bag in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the pork chops from the bag and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until the pork chop releases from the grill, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. If using a grill pan, be sure to do in batches so you don't steam the chops. Cook to an internal temperature of 145F and let rest for 3 minutes in a dish with tall sides to collect juices.
- In sauce pan add remaining ½ of marinade and bring to quick boil, turn off heat and whisk in butter and juices from rested meat, finish with herbs.