Chef Aaron May is making a mouth-watering German pancake with a cast-iron skillet.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 2 lemon wedges
Blueberry and Lemon German Pancakes - Home & Family
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, sugar, milk, vanilla, and 2 Tbs butter. Whisk in the flour to make a smooth batter. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom, oven proof 10-inch skillet in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and add remaining butter. Once butter is melted and well distributed. Pour in the batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees F. and continue baking until puffed and golden brown, about 12-14 min Run a knife around the edge of the skillet. Sift the confectioners' sugar over the pancake.
- Serve immediately in the skillet with maple syrup, blueberries and lemon zest. Squeeze lemon wedges over top and eat.
Get more information about this episode >>