Ingredients for Blue Crab Arancini
- 1C shallots, minced
- 1/8C garlic, minced
- 2# arborio rice
- 1C blended oil
- 1btl white wine
- a/n water
- 2C mascarpone
- 4C fontina, shredded
- 4C parm., shredded
- 1can blue crab meat
- 1C fine herbs, chopped
- 3T fish sauce
- tt lemon juice
- tt salt and pepper
Ingredients for Crab Arancini Breading
- 6C panko breadcrumbs
- 2C parm, shredded
- ½ fine herbs
- tt s&p
- 4ea eggs
- 1/4C water
- 4C ap flour
Ingredients for Chili Aioli
- 433.3g Japanese Mayo
- 100g Sriracha
- 33.33g Korean chili paste
- 33.3g Calabrese chili
Ingredients for Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1qt fresh lemon juice
- 3oz sugar
- 2oz olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Blue Crab Arancini
1) Sweat shallots and garlic until translucent
2) Add rice and toast thoroughly
3) Deglaze with white wine and reduce
4) Add 2C water at a time and reduce
5) Repeat until rice in tender
6) Remove from heat and add mascarpone, fontina and parm.
7) Stir to combine and add crab, herbs, lemon juice and s&p
8) Cool then portion into 1 ½ oz ball and freeze
9) Prepare breading
Directions for the Breading
1) Combine panko, parm, s&p in food processor
2) Add herbs and check seasoning
3) Combine eggs and water
5) Bread risotto balls using the standard breading procedure
6) Fry at 375 degrees until golden brown
Directions for Aioli
1) Remove the seeds from the calabrese chili. Place it in a blender to puree until it becomes a paste.
2) In a mixing bowl, add all the ingridients and mix well.
3) Label and store.
Directions to the Vinaigrette
1) Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a sauce pot. Reduce them in into a half a cup.
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk the lemon syrup with olive oil to combine.
3) Salt and pepper to taste.