- 1 large Hershey bar (8 ounces chocolate)
- 1 pound of butter (4 sticks)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 package of almonds (large bag/chopped, not sliced, if you can find them)
1. Use a large flat rectangle cake dish to put the candy in. I use butter to grease the pan so the candy comes out of the pan easier.
2. Grind the almonds and the hershey bar into small pieces. You can chop them with a knife. mix the two together in a bowl. Sprinkle half of the mixture on the bottom of the cake dish. I have used my small food processor to grind the hershey and almonds also.
3. Combine the sugar and butter in a large pot and cook, stirring constantly, to 300 degrees. It is nearly ready to burn at that temp. Don’t overcook. It will be a rolling boil for about 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Pour the sugar/butter mixture gently over the top of the almond/hershey mix.
5. Quickly sprinkle the remainder of the almond/hershey mix on top the sugar/butter. It will all melt together.
6. Cool in the fridge until hard/cut with a sharp knife. Put the knife point down into the almond roca and tap lightly to break into chunks.