Ingredients for Pork
- ½ pound pork loin
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
Ingredients for Korean Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup gochujang
- 1 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp water
Ingredients for Vegetables
- 1 16 ounces bean sprouts
- 5-6 shiitake mushrooms
FOR THE PORK
1. Slice pork loin into ¼ inch strips and marinate in soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chopped garlic.
2. Massage into pork and place in refrigerator while preparing vegetables.
3. After 30 minutes, heat skillet with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and sear pork 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Allow it to cool and rough chop.
FOR THE SAUCE
1. Mix together the gochujang, sugar, chopped garlic, sesame oil, and water until it forms a thick,
FOR THE SOYBEAN SPOUTS
1. Clean bean sprouts by removing thin long tails and discarding any brown caps.
2. Rinse gently under cold water and drain
3. Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes and add bean sprouts. Saute for 2 minutes
4. Then add 1 Tbsp water and ¼ tsp salt to pan. Turn heat to low and cover pan with lid and let steam for 6 minutes
5. Afterward, rinse under cold water, drain, and add ¼ tsp sesame oil and ½ tsp salt. Mix well.
FOR THE MUSHROOMS
1. If using dried shiitake mushrooms, place in cold water overnight to rehydrate. For fresh shiitake mushrooms, clean caps and remove stem. Slice caps into thin strips.
2. Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to pan and saute mushrooms for 1 minute. Remove from heat and
HOW TO ASSEMBLE
1. Add a layer of cooked rice into bowl
2. Drizzle sesame oil
3. Add fried egg
4. Assemble cooked vegetables around egg yolk
Add 1 tablespoon at a time of Korean chili sauce and mix well
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page