- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup merlot
- 24 ounces fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 small lemons, zested
- 2 quarts non fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Honey Merlot Berry Filling
1. In a medium saucepan add all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cook until the berries soften but do not break down.
2. In a small bowl whisk to combine the cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
3. To the simmering berry mixture, add ½ of the slurry, mixing it to combine. Allow the mixture to thicken to a jam like consistency. If the sauce is still thin add the slurry in small increments until it reaches desired consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using, the sauce will thicken more as it cools.
4. Spoon over yogurt, serve
Get more recipes from Alex at her blog www.against-thegrain.com .