- 2 tablespoons Butter for sautéing
- 2-4 tablespoons Olive Oil for sautéing
- 1 pound Maitake Mushrooms
- Kosher salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ pounds Beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut into 2”x1”x½” strips/chunks
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (~12 ounces), sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Mushroom or Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ cups Sour Cream
- Hot Cooked Egg Noodles, butter, parsley: for serving
1. Heat 1tbs butter in pan. Tear mushrooms into small pieces, sauté until browned, seasoning with salt as you go. 10-12 minutes. Remove to bowl.
2. Increase heat and add olive oil to pan. Cook beef (in batches if necessary), stirring often until browned on all sides, 5-8 minutes. Remove to same bowl as mushrooms.
3. Reduce heat. Add more olive oil/butter if necessary. Sauté onion and garlic until tender, 8-10 minutes.
4. Add broth and bring to boil, then simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Stir in sour cream over low heat so it doesn’t curdle. Whisk in Worcestershire, season with salt and pepper, simmer until thickened 8-10 minutes.
6. Add mushrooms, beef, and any accumulated juice. Stir and cook until just heated through.
7. Serve over cooked egg noodles, tossed with butter, parsley, and salt.