- 8 each, center cut snake river farms double bone kurobuta pork chops
- Honey hoisin glaze (recipe follows)
- Kimchi brussels sprouts & bacon (recipe follows)
- Picked chervil or shishito peppers
HOISIN MARINADE / HONEY HOISIN SAUCE:
- 2 cups hoisin
- 1 oz ground black pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz ginger, minced
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 oz sesame oil
- 1 tbsp five spice
- 1 cup honey
BACON & BRUSSELS SPROUTS HASH:
- 2 cups citrus cured pork belly (recipe follows)
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts (cleaned & halved)
- Red dragon sauce (recipe follows)
RED DRAGON SAUCE:
- 1 cup Gochujang
- 1 tbsp. Togarashi
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Soy
- 2 oz. Ginger
- 2 oz. Garlic
- 2 oz. Honey
CITRUS CURED PORK BELLY:
- 1 whole pork belly
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup sea salt
- 5 whole oranges, zest only (large grate)
- 1 bunch rosemary, chopped
Kimchi Brussel Sprouts & Bacon
1. In a sauce pot bring all ingredients for marinade except honey to a boil. Allow to cool. Reserve ½ cup of the marinade for the basting sauce.
2. French the chops and trim well; place in a shallow non-corrosive pan just large enough to hold the chops. Pour marinade over chops, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours (no longer).
3. Stir honey into reserved hoisin mixture.
4. Remove pork chops from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat on a large grill pan fitted to stove top. Grill each side for a couple minutes to caramelize and create grill marks. Using a basting brush, baste with reserved honey hoisin sauce.
5. Due to the thickness of the pork chop, they will need to then be transferred to a 325 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
6. Serve brussels sprouts over the pork chop.
BACON & BRUSSELS SPROUTS HASH
1. Cut and render bacon.
2. Clean, halve, roast brussels sprouts
3. In a large sauté pan, add in brussels and bacon and red dragon sauce.
RED DRAGON SAUCE
Yields 6 Cups, 1 Tbsp
1. Combine ingredients.
CITRUS CURED PORK BELLY
1. Combine all ingredients for the cure in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Rub cure on the pork belly, marinade pork belly over night.
2. I don’t like to fully rinse the cure off under water, i like to wipe some of the cure off with a damp towel and allow some of the cure to remain on the pork belly. I then place the pork on a large sheet pan with a roasting rack. Roast on high heat (425 degrees) for 15 to 25 minutes, until the outside of the pork has a golden color. I then remove the pork from the oven and allow to cool to about 300 degrees, place pork back in and cook for another 1.5 to 2 hours.
3. Allow the pork to cool and cut the pork into large chunks.