Burt Bakman and Tony LaPenna are making a summertime favorite!
BBQ Ribs and Coleslaw
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup Bread-and-Butter Pickle slices, plus 1/4 cup pickle juice
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder heavily on both sides
- Wrap ribs in tin foil
- Bake the ribs in the oven at 450 degrees for about an hour
- Take out of the oven, and make sure to keep it wrapped in the foil
- Do not unwrap foil for at least 20 min to cool off
- Heat up the BBQ grill (with your favored preference of Charcoal or Wood)
- Mark off the ribs on the grill, then add your own bbq sauce as it is grilling
- Precaution: Be careful if your sauce has sugar in it, it will burn quickly
- “Slab" on more of your favorite bbq sauce on the ribs while still grilling for more color & flavor
- Mix garlic, mayonnaise, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Toss onion, jalapeño, cabbage, pickles, and pickle juice in a large bowl to combine; cover and chill.