Yield: 12 brisket tacos (6 servings)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 6 -8 hours
Total Time: 12 hours plus 20 minutes
1. To prepare slow cooker brisket: combine olive oil, cider vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire and dry seasonings in small bowl and mix to blend. Spread evenly over all sides of beef brisket.
2. Arrange rubbed brisket, fat side up, in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (based on size of brisket).
3. Preheat broiler. Carefully transfer brisket to sheet pan lined with foil (discard cooking liquid or save for another use). Heat brisket under broiler for 2 to 4 minutes, watching constantly, until surface is bubbly and golden brown and has developed a crispy “bark” on surface; let meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing (or refrigerate if making ahead). Thin slice brisket as needed for tacos. Reserve remaining brisket for another meal.
4. To prepare slaw: combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to blend.
5. To prepare each taco: layer 2 slices beef brisket in center of warm flour tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce, 1 tablespoon crumbled queso fresco and 2 tablespoons slaw. Garnish taco with cilantro. Serve with a fresh lime wedge.
*For quick-and-easy week night taco assembly, use fully cooked smoked brisket purchased from a grocery store or BBQ restaurant in recipe.