1) Set condensed milk can in a medium saucepan with water to come ¾ of the way up. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered and adding water as needed, about 3 hours. Remove can from pan; let cool until warm. (Do not open too soon as milk may spurt if can is hot.)
2) Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8-inch baking pan with an 8- by 16-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil, which you’ll use as a sling to pull the bars from pan. Arrange graham crackers over the foil-lined pan bottom, cutting the final few with a serrated knife to fit. Heat butter and sugar in a small saucepan until butter has melted.
3) Pour butter mixture over crackers; spread to cover. Bake until butter/sugar mixture starts to harden, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
4) Whip cream to fairly stiff peaks with remaining tablespoon of sugar and vanilla extract.
5) To assemble pie, spread reduced sweetened condensed milk over pie bottom, top with bananas, and then the whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate and toffee bits; refrigerate until ready to serve (Can be made several hours before serving.)
For more recipes check out the Home & Family Pinterest Page