Ali Fedotowsky-Manno is making a delicious snack that kids will devour.
Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 ripe bananas, cut in large chunks
- 5 Tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4-5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- Chopped nuts
- Hot fudge
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- In a blender combine the milk, softened cream cheese and bananas. Blend until smooth. Add the instant pudding mix and optional food coloring and blend until combined. Pour mixture into a small bowl and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the banana mixture is chilling, prepare the strawberries.
- Rinse and dry the strawberries thoroughly. Use a paring knife or small teaspoon to carefully core out the center and the leafy top of the strawberry. Slice the bottom tip of the strawberry to create a flat surface for the berry to stand upright. Repeat with each strawberry. Place the cored strawberries on a parchment lined plate and store in the freezer.
- Next, add the semi-sweet chocolate and coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and remove. Stir the coconut oil and chocolate together. If there are still some chunks of chocolate, return to microwave and microwave for another 10 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix the chocolate again until smooth.
- Working quickly, dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate and then in the chopped nuts. Place them back on the parchment lined plate and freeze for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- To serve, fill a piping bag with the chilled banana mixture. Carefully fill each strawberry with the banana mixture and return to the fridge to chill for another 10 minutes. Top the strawberries with as many sundae toppings as you wish, and enjoy!