Ingredients for Mac & Cheese
- 1 quart mac and cheese sauce (recipe below)
- 4 cups rotini or small elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed and sliced
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup seasoned panko
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped
Ingredients for the Mac & Cheese Sauce
- 1⅓ quarts of Milk
- 24 oz cheddar cheese (2 2/3 bags)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup White wine - Chardonnay
- ½ tablespoon Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
1. Have the macaroni cooked, and preheat the oven to 400
2. Start out with butter and flour to make blonde roux. Once roux is formed whisk in milk and bring to a low simmer, careful not to scorch, and add wine.
Add in Swiss cheese and whisk add in ½ of a bag of cheddar, whisk in, and add rest of cheddar. Bring to a high simmer, constantly stirring until desired consistency is formed. Season.
3. Add the cooked macaroni to the sauce and fold in the cut jalapenos and cream cheese. Place all ingredients into an oven proof dish and bake covered for about 30 minutes, remove cover, stir and top with pepper jack cheese and panko, and bake for another 10 minutes until melted and crispy and then top with chopped bacon and serve!