A kid-friendly, always delicious bacon grilled cheese.
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 stick butter (room temperature, or 1/4 cup mayonnaise)
- 16 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices pepper jack
BACON GRILLED CHEESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, lay bacon in sheet pan in even layers and cook until crispy. Save the bacon grease and place cooked bacon on paper towel.
- Spread butter or mayonnaise over the outside of each slice of bread.
- Divide the cheese and bacon over 4 slices of bread and top with 4 remaining slices of bread.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, add 1 tsp of bacon fat for each sandwich.
- Grill sandwich until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until golden.