Ingredients for Chipotle Hollandaise
- 2 ½ oz Egg yolks, pasteurized
- ½ pound Butter, lighted salted, soft
- 2 Tbl. Lemon juice, pasteurized
- ½ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. White pepper
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbl. Chipotle, canned and pureed
- 1 Tbl. Cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for Bacon Filet and Egg
- 2 each 5 oz. filets
- 2 pc. Applewood smoked bacon
- Chipotle hollandaise (recipe above)
- 1-2 poached eggs
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- Sliced green onion
- Cajun seasoning or chili powder to dust plate
Directions for Chipotle Hollandaise
1. Place the eggs into a mixing bowl, then place over a pot of boiling water. Whip the eggs vigorously with a wire whip until smooth and thick and 145 degrees F.
2. Slowly add the softened butter into the whipped eggs, whisking as the butter is added. Continue until all butter is added.
3. Add lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, white pepper, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire, and blend in well to the eggs.
4. Fold in the chipotle puree and cilantro.
Directions for Bacon Filet and Egg
1. Portion steaks, par-bake Applewood smoked bacon, wrap both filets and secure with a wooden skewer.
2. Pre-prep Chipotle hollandaise and have a double boiler ready on the stove to make the sauce.
3. Poach eggs in a 190-degree water bath till over easy (approximately 2 min)
4. Season steaks with Kosher salt and course ground pepper and grill or pan sear steaks to desired temp (MR is my recommendation)
5. Try to crisp up the bacon before removing from the heat, then let rest while you warm the egg and add slightly mix the sauce to drizzle over the top.
6. Garnish with sliced green onion and a light Cajun dust on the plate.