Ingredients for Whole Grain Toast with Blueberry Compote and Lemon Ricotta Cheese
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Toasted sliced almonds for garnish
Ingredients for Country Toast with Chicken Salad
- 4 slices country bread, toasted
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. toasted walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Sliced radish for garnish
Directions for Whole Grain Toast with Blueberry Compote and Lemon Ricotta Cheese
1. Boil water, sugar, and zest in a 1-quart heavy saucepan, uncovered, 5 minutes. Discard zest.
2. Stir in blueberries and simmer, stirring occasionally, until blueberries begin to burst, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Fold the lemon zest into the ricotta cheese.
4. Spread ¼ of ricotta cheese onto the toast and top with 2 tablespoons of blueberry compote. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and toasted sliced almonds.
DIrections for Country Toast with Chicken Salad
Whisk the yogurt, Dijon mustard, honey and champagne vinegar until combined. Fold in the chicken, walnuts and chives.
Divide the chicken salad and place on to each of the toast slices. Garnish with fresh dill and sliced radish.