Directions for Wontons
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
2) Add asparagus, bell pepper and spices; cook and stir 2 to minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat. Gently stir in avocado.
3) To form wontons, place wrapper on clean work surface. Brush lightly with oil and flip over.
4) Spoon 2 to 3 teaspoons vegetable filling in center of wrapper. Bring up the corners of the
wrapper, pinching together to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
5) Place wontons in single layer on wire rack in baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
6) Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning halfway through baking time.
7) Serve wontons with dipping sauce.
Directions for Dipping Sauce
For the Dipping Sauce, bring all ingredients to boil in small saucepan, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Set aside.
For Steamed Wontons: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 12 of the wontons; cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Gradually add 1/4 cup water; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until filling is cooked through and water has evaporated. Remove wontons to serving platter; keep warm. Wipe skillet dry. Repeat 2 more batches with additional oil, wontons and water.
Get the recipe and more at McCormick!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page