Serves: 4 (1 half apple each)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 37 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving) – 1 purple, ½ yellow, ½ blue, 1 spoon
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) To make sauce, heat tea, ghee and salt in a small saucepan over high heat. bring to a gentle boil and stir frequently.
4) Add cornstarch slurry; cook stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove heat.
5) Add extract; mix well. Set aside.
6) To make granola, place walnuts, cranberries, coconut, oats, maple syrup, ghee, apple sauce, cinnamon and salt in a food processor; pulse until a fine crumb forms. Set aside.
7) Place apples on prepared baking sheet.
8) Fill each hollow center evenly with granola (approx.. 1 Tbsp.. + 1 Tsp.) Drizzle 2 Tbsp. sauce over each apple. Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are soft to center.
These apples are great warm or cold; I like to have one for breakfast served in a pool of cold vanilla or almond milk.
You can substitute your favorite nuts for walnuts and any dried fruit for cranberries.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
Total Fat: 9 G
Saturated Fat: 4 G
Cholesterol: 6 mg
Sodium: 145 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 G
Fiber: 3 G
Sugars: 18 G