- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4-6 basil leaves (I used large 6 leaves, but if you’d rather have a more subtle basil taste you could do as little as 4)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
At Home With Our Family - Strawberry Basil Sauce - Home & Family
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. You will want the parchment paper to hang over the side so you can easily pick it up to transfer your sauce
- Add the strawberries, sugar, basil, lemon juice, and salt to the parchment lined baking dish. Mix everything together.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then lift the parchment paper to create a vessel to pour the strawberry sauce into a container. I recommend using glass Tupperware or a glass jar.
- Let the strawberry sauce cool completely before topping your ice cream with it.
NOTE: This will last in the fridge about a week. And you could freeze it to use for a couple months.
- Feel free to assemble your Sunday however you’d like! We used vanilla ice cream, graham cracker, and whip cream. I did a layer of graham crackers, followed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, followed by about a tablespoon of strawberry basil sauce. Then I repeat did the process once and then topped with whipped cream!
- Normally I would finish it off with a cherry but since it is a strawberry sundae, I added some strawberries to top it off. Enjoy!