- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pepita seeds (aka shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil (you can use butter instead if you like)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine the honey and coconut oil in a pan over medium heat; allowing the coconut oil to melt together with the honey.
3. Combine all of the other ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
4. When the oil has melted add in the vanilla.
5. Pour the mixture over the ingredients and stir together using a rubber spatula.
6. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly coated with the coconut oil/honey mixture.
7. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly spread the oat mixture between the two.
8. Press together with the spatula so that the oats stick together; this creates the large "chunks" when you break it apart after baking.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes; until the ends start to brown slightly.
10. If you would like it to be extra crunchy you can let it bake for about 3-5 minutes longer; making sure it doesn't brown too much.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
12. Once cooled use your hands to break up the large piece and serve.
13. Store in an airtight container.