- 1 pound Ground beef (no more than 85 percent lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork (optional- if you don't like pork add 1/2 pound more ground beef)
- 5 carrots finely chopped
- 5 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 1/2 -3 cups good quality whole stewed tomatoes in can
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk or Half and Half
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Parmesan Rind
- Parmesan Cheese for grating
Debbie is making her famous Bolognese sauce to enjoy while watching Christmas in July movies! She’s pairing it with a bottle of new Hallmark Channel Wine – what goes better with dinner and a Hallmark Channel Original Movie than a glass of Jingle Cabernet or Joy Sauvignon Blanc!? You can even serve them in Hallmark Channel glasses!
The wine and glasses make perfect gifts! To order the wine visit https://hallmarkchannelwines.com/ and you can find the glasses at https://www.hallmark.com/hallmark-movie-gifts/ or your local Gold Crown Store.
1. Heat olive oil and butter in deep Dutch oven
2. Finely chop onion or use food processor and drop onion in heated oil and butter mixture. Sauté until translucent (about 5-6 minutes)
3. Add chopped carrots and celery. Sauté for two minutes
4. Add ground beef, ground pork and salt. Brown meat until there are no more red parts
5. Add nutmeg
6. Add milk. While stirring, let milk bubble off and thicken for about ten minutes
7. Add white wine. Turn heat to low simmer and let the wine cook off and evaporate
8. Add stewed tomatoes. Break apart with fork or potato masher and then add Parmesan Rind
9. Turn heat to lowest temperature and let gently simmer for 3-4 hours
10. After 3 -4 hours turn off Bolognese sauce and cook pasta according to package (I cook it for 2 minutes less)
11. When pasta is done drain and return to pot.
12. Combine Bolognese sauce and pasta and immediately serve
13. Garnish with freshly shaved parmesan cheese and ENJOY!!