- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
Recipe for a 9-inch tart pan
1. Grease sides and bottom of 9-inch tart pan with butter.
2. Sift AP flour into bowl, then whisk in almond meal.
3. Cream butter with sugar and sea salt in bowl of stand mixer until smooth and light. Add almond extract and beat together.
4. Add all the flour mixture, then beat on the lowest speed until barely combined and dry spots just disappear.
5. Press dough into prepared tart pan evenly. Cover with plastic wrap then refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Heat oven to 300˚. Use a skewer or fork and poke holes along the surface of the dough to prevent bubbling and cracking in the oven.
7. Bake 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from tart pan ring. Slice into wedges and place cookies on wire rack to cool completely