Cameron Mathison and his lovely wife Vanessa share their easy at home recipe for Paella.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces chorizo, cut into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pimenton or paprika
- 2 cups short or medium-grain rice
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/4 pounds roast chicken (meat from 3-pound chicken skinned, cut in chunks)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
At Home With Our Family - Cameron and Vanessa Make Paella - Home & Family
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large casserole or paella pan over high heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice (medium or short grain rice), pimenton, saffron, and bay leaves. Stir to combine and coat the rice, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add roast chicken, frozen peas, and tomato; stir to combine.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook uncovered until rice is tender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.