- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly (5 minutes), plus 2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing biscuits
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in large bowl. Combine buttermilk and 8 tablespoons melted butter in medium bowl, stirring until butter forms small clumps.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir with rubber spatula until just incorporated and batter pulls away from sides of bowl. Using greased ¼ cup dry measure, scoop level amount of batter and drop onto parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet (biscuits should measure about 2 ¼ inches in diameter and 1 ¼ inches high). Repeat with remaining batter, spacing biscuits about 1 ½ inches apart. Bake until tops are golden brown and crisp, 12-14 minutes.
- Brush biscuit tops with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Transfer to wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
For more information on Arianna Thomopoulos and more great recipes please visit:www.themoderndaygirlfriend.com. You can also follow Arianna on Twitter @moderndaygf and on instagram @moderndaygf.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.
Return to Episode Guide >>