Creator of Rustic Joyful Food, Danielle Kartes is making a delicious galette with seasonal fruit.
Ingredients for Filling
- 10-12 apricots, halved
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Ingredients for Shortbread Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Apricot and Almond Shortbread Galette - Home & Family
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix all apricot filling ingredients and set aside.
- To prepare shortbread crust, place all the crust ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer and mix until a loose ball of dough forms.
- Press the dough together to form an 8-inch disk and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge for 15 minutes before rolling into a large 12-14-inch disk on a floured surface.
- Line a baking sheet with a 1-inch rim with parchment paper. Gently place the disk of dough onto the lined pan. This dough is a bit crumbly, but that's okay. If it begins to tear or fall apart just press it back together.
- Pour the filling into the center, leaving 2 inches free of filling around the edges.
- Fold that 2-inch edge up over the fruit and press and holes together.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Get more information about this episode >>