Yields: 8 to 9 servings
Apple Mustard BBQ Pork Belly
1. Preheat grill to 325 degrees indirect heat or oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut pork belly into three equal portions.
3. To make the dry rub, mix kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and sugar in a small bowl.
4. Liberally season pork belly on all sides with dry rub.
5. Tightly wrap seasoned pork belly in a layer of parchment paper, followed by two layers of aluminum foil. Repeat until all three pork pieces are wrapped.
6. Place wrapped pork pieces on sheet pan and cook for 3 hours at 325 degrees, pork fat side up.
7. Remove pork pieces from oven and allow to cool overnight in fridge at least 8 to hours; to allow belly to cool and firm up. Remove from parchment paper and aluminum foil.
8. Preheat grill to 350 to 375 degrees, about medium high heat.
9. Place pork fat side down on to grill, and grill until pork fat is rendered and crispy, about 8 to 12 mins, flip and repeat process.
10. Once both sides of pork are crispy, baste with Apple Mustard BBQ sauce on both sides until BBQ sauce has a nice caramelized coating on the pork belly.
11. Allow to rest for 4 to 5 mins, and slice into 1/2” medallions; serve with grilled asparagus.
Apple Mustard BBQ Sauce
1. Add all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until thickened.
2. Remove from heat and allow BBQ sauce to cool.
Grilled Asparagus with Charred Ramp Vinaigrette
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Brush ramps lightly with canola oil.
3. Grill ramps until slightly charred. Let cool and roughly chop.
4. Add ramps, bacon, olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to food processor; blend until smooth.
5. Blanch asparagus for 2 to 3 mins in salted boiling water. Remove immediately from boiling water and “shock” in ice water.
6. Toss blanched asparagus with ramp vinaigrette, pinch salt and pepper. Grill on med high heat about 5-7 mins until asparagus gets caramelization and grill marks.
7. Serve immediately with pork belly.