- 4 large apples (about 1 ⅓ pounds), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup ( ½ stick) butter, cut into smaller pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine apples, cranberries, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, ½ teaspoon apple pie spice and ⅛ teaspoon salt in large bowl; toss to coat. Spoon into medium Red Copper Pan.
3. Combine remaining 4 tablespoons flour, walnuts, oats, brown sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon salt in medium bowl; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit mixture in pan.
4. Make 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly browned.