- 1 1⁄4 cups (300ml) coconut water or water, plus more as needed
- 2 cups (320g) mixed fresh or frozen berries (1⁄2 cup/80g each blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- 1⁄2 cup (85g) red seedless grapes
- 1 ripe pear, skin on, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 chopped pitted date, soaked (see below), plus more to taste
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons açaí powder
- Optional: 2 teaspoons maqui powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chia seeds
This powerful immunity blend is like a “field to shield.” With the antioxidant weight of these ingredients, nothing’s gettin’ the better of you (especially if you boost with açaí, maqui, and chia seeds)! The trio of orange zest, cinnamon, and ginger warms up the party, making this “berry” special.
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut water as needed to blend. Tweak the sweetness to taste.
How to Soak Dates:
To soak the slow way, pit and chop your dried fruit and cover with filtered water or the recipe’s base liquid for 30 minutes to 8 hours. Dates don’t contain anti-nutrients like nuts, seeds, and grains, so you can utilize the soaking liquid to enhance sweetness and flavor, or drain the liquid and add only the dates (no need to rinse). Soak the quick way by covering with boiling water for 10 minutes (fresh dates need less soaking).
Nutritional Facts (per serving)
Calories 256 kcal | Fat 1 g | Saturated fat 0 g | Sodium 12 mg | Carbs 66 g | Fiber 9 g | Sugars 48 g Protein 2 g | Calcium 43 mg | Iron 1 mg122 an exotic ride
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Tess at theblendergirl.com